FREE TICKET TO MADURAI: YOU CAN WIN



All of you must be wondering that what sort of tie up we made with Cleartrip or Makemytrip. But believe it or not I am not joking. Let me elaborate.
Few days back I read about the convocation ceremony at MMHRC by IMA and GWU for PGDEM program under the leadership of Dr Narendra Nath Jena. I know Narendra from my early residency life at Apollo Hyderabad and I am sure he must recollect that endless number of conversation we had on my rooftop at Jubillee Hills. We used to dream of EM specialty, A tons of EM Department and above all my resolution for 2011 “EARN RESPECT FOR EMERGENCY MEDICINE”.
Narendra left JH after few months and finished his residency from prestigious CMC Vellore after few years but we always used to talk and had never left our dream to die. He had also worked in NCR at Fortis and Max Healthcare for few months and thereafter he went back to Madurai. Nothing extraordinary had happened so far and I myself was wondering what is Narendra going to do in a small temple town of Tamilnadu. But he has made a history as I see. He has built the Department at MMHRC, Developed protocols for EM and started one year EM program in affiliation with IMA and GWU for the first time in the country. Those of us sitting in Metros, Working in Top Class Super specialty Hospitals and sipping Coffee of CCD will hardly realise the struggle and zeal he has to make such a wonder.
He has never grown alone. If you check the website of his department you can find his team of consultants in EM (Yes, Consultants of EM can be generated in India too.... )
Last year when I was invited as visiting faculty at MMHRC I realised that there is lot to learn from this soft spoken EM leader who has actually shown us how EM can grow in an austere environment unlike other specialities. We need leaders for every corner of India to build Emergency Care system.
INDIA IS CALLING........ Can you hear the cry? If not I am ready to sponsor a free return ticket to Madurai for immediate remedy.
HAVE A GREAT DAY AHEAD....

CLICK HERE TO READ THE CONVOCATION REPORT
CLICK HERE TO VISIT MMHRC EMD WEBSITE

Comments

Popular Posts